The tearoom at St. Andrews Parish Church will operate from Mar. 24-Apr 5 this year.
Described as Charleston’s oldest tea room, the original pop-up lunchroom will serve she-crab soup, okra soup, chicken salad and shrimp paste sandwiches from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., every day but Sunday. Packaged food items will be available through the gift shop.
The church’s female members 61 years ago developed the tearoom to feed hungry tourists in the midst of plantation visits. Proceeds from the tea room and gift shop benefit programs sponsored by The Church Women of Old St. Andrew’s.
The tearoom doesn’t accept credit cards, but it takes reservations for parties of six or more eaters: Call 766-1541 or e-mail email@example.com.